COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
PREVENTION STEPS IN THE STUDIO:
- Reduced Traffic: Dancers only are allowed to enter the Busby Dancenter building for in-person classes. They must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before class and report directly to the studio. Dancers should also be picked up immediately following class. Enter only through the front door facing Mockingbird and exit only through the side door facing Guy Grant.
- Registration: Dancers may only attend classes than they are registered for in advance. Classes will be capped at 10 to ensure safe physical distancing.
- No gathering: Lobby area and dressing rooms will be closed. There will be one single person bathroom available for use, which will be disinfected regularly.
- Masks: Everyone entering the studio building must wear a mask.
- Reduced items: Dancers should refrain from bringing in large dance bags. Please bring a small bag with only the shoes you need for class.
- Sanitizer: We have sanitizer in each studio, the bathrooms as well as at the front desk and we encourage you to utilize it frequently.
- Handwashing: We encourage frequent handwashing (for at least 20 seconds before rinsing).
- Discouraging close contact: We have adjusted certain aspects of our classes to ensure dancers are not in too close of proximity. We will not be giving hugs or hi-fives and are asking dancers to skip those as well.
- Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging dancers to cough and sneeze into their arms, not in their hands.
- Staff: Only staff feeling well (without symptoms) will be in the studio.
- Water Bottles: Dancers may bring water bottles, but should have something to cover those bottles such as a small towel or t-shirt.
- In Class: Masks may only be removed once all dancers are at their assigned spots at the barre, and the teacher allows. Masks must be worn for center work. Barre and center dance positions will be marked with tape to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Disinfecting: Regular and thorough surface cleaning will be conducted between classes.
- Don't send your dancer to the studio sick or if a family member is sick.
- Don't break any formal quarantine/government restrictions.
- Encourage your dancer to cough and sneeze into their arm not in their hand.
- Alert us if your dancer or a family member has COVID-19 and your dancer has been to the studio within the last 14 days so we can contact their peers.
- Read the attached COVID-19 Release carefully, you will be asked to agree when you register for classes.